All branches closed for Memorial Day, May 30th.
Find It Anytime, Anywhere
Access online Great River Regional Library services including:
- Catalog of Books, DVDs, CDs, etc.
- Manage Your Account
- Digital Library of eBooks & eAudiobooks
- MnLINK interlibrary loan service
- Databases of Articles & Web Content
- Reference Services - Ask a Librarian
To take advantage of the full range of Great River Regional Library online services you need:
- Your Borrower Barcode Number:
- Numbers on the back of your library card
- Your PIN:
- Your month and day of birth: a four-digit number e.g. April 6=0406
From the GRRL homepage, click Library Catalog or enter a search term in the box on the right side of the page. Use drop-down choices for broader searches.
Continue searching by selecting from the headings on the Search bar and/or drop-down menus
- Place Requests
Locate the item you wish to request
Click Request Any Copy button
Enter your Borrower Barcode and PIN
Check to see that Pickup location is correct
(Please add us to your e-mail address book: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Quick Access From Homepage
- Click My Account or Pay Fines button on upper right
- From Library Catalog page
Click My Account tab
Enter your Borrower Barcode and PIN
From here you may click on headings in the My Account bar
Click Checked Out
Click box at left of each item to renew
Click Renew button
Items are renewed if the Due Date changes
Items are not renewed if the following message appears:
"One or more of your items did not renew. Please scroll down for details."
You may pay fines online using a credit card
Click Fines/Blocks and follow screen prompts
- Holds (Requests)
Click Holds to see list
- Cancel a Request
If you no longer want an item being held or requested, click in box next to item and click Cancel Request button
- Suspend a Request (great to use if you'll be on vacation)
Locate the title in your list of requests
Click box at left of chosen item
Scroll up and set Suspension until date
Click Change Status button
You can download eBooks and eAudiobooks 24/7 to enjoy with No Late Fees!
- You Need:
A valid library card.
An Internet connection via PC, Mac or select mobile device.
Free, required software available at griver.org.
For eAudiobooks on PC, Mac and select mobile devices:
Overdrive Media Console.
For PDF and ePub eBooks on PC, Mac and select eBook devices:
Adobe Digital Editions
- For eAudiobooks on PC, Mac and select mobile devices:
- How It Works
1. Browse the digital library - search by title, subject, author or format
2: Check Out
Select items for your ‘cart.’
(If a title is not available you may place a hold and you will receive an email when the title is available.)
Click on the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ link and enter your library card number and PIN.
3: Click the ‘Download’ button under each title to launch the software.
Once downloaded, enjoy immediately or transfer to a variety of devices such as iPod and Sony Reader.
4. Titles expire at the end of the lending period. No late fees!
- Transfer to a Mobile Device
After download, most titles can be transferred to a mobile device such as iPod or Sony Reader.
First, connect your device. Then:
1. For audio, click the “Transfer” button in Overdrive Media Console to launch the Transfer Wizard and follow the onscreen prompts. For eBooks in Adobe Digital Editions, drag and drop the title onto the device name on the left panel.
2. After transfer is complete, you may disconnect your device and enjoy your title on the go.
See the.overdrive.com list of compatible devices.
- Burn to CD
After download, many audio titles can be burned to CD. Insert your CD, then:
1. Click the ‘Burn’ button in Overdrive Media Console to launch the Burn Wizard.
2. Select the part you wish to burn.
- Help Resources
- Click the Great River Digital Library ‘Help’ link for more information.
MnLINK is a statewide service that makes Minnesota’s public and academic library materials accessible with your GRRL library card. MnLINK is used to locate materials not owned by GRRL.
1. Search the GRRL catalog. If the item is available, place a request.
If not owned by GRRL…
2. Search MnLINK - available from the Databases search bar in the catalog or directly at www.mnlinkgateway.org.
Log in with your full GRRL library barcode number to request titles (by clicking Get It!). Do not enter PIN.
- 2. Search MnLINK - available from the Databases search bar in the catalog or directly at www.mnlinkgateway.org.
Databases are storehouses of information. The information may be in the form of articles from newspapers and magazines, studies from professional journals, or content created for the Web. GRRL provides a selection of databases to assist your search for dependable information. You can access them through the Databases link on GRRL's home page.
You can search GRRL databases individually to limit the responses. You can also search them collectively by use of a “Select All” checkbox.
To search library databases from home, enter your Borrower Barcode # and your PIN.
Professional librarians are available to answer your questions.
1. From the GRRL homepage, click on Ask a Librarian.
2. Choose which service is most suited to your needs from options provided:
- instant messaging
- and the AskMN option provided to all Minnesota residents and students 24/7
BookMyne is an Apple App compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch devices. It provides a mobile connection between the Great River Regional Library catalog and users, including these added features:
1. Barcode scanning capability so library users can scan the barcode of a book and retrieve library availability information.
2. Social recommendation connection to Goodreads, a literary social network.
3. New York Times best seller list cross referencing with library holdings.
4. Personal account interaction, such as viewing fines and fees on your device.
Download the BookMyne application from the Apple App Store for free.
Tell Us What You'd Like To Add To Our Collection
We are always interested in hearing from library patrons about what titles they wish were available at their library. If you have suggestions, let us know using the Suggest a Title tab on the Library Catalog.