Explore the World with your GRRL Library Card
September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month. If you don’t have a library card, there’s no better time to get one. And if somebody in your family or circle of friends is not a library cardholder, now would be a perfect time to tell them about the benefits of Great River Regional Library (GRRL) membership. Let them know that owning a library card opens up worlds of information, education and recreation. Simply fill in the information on the Library Card Application, print it out and turn it in at your library.
Somebody once said the library is the poor man’s university. It’s more. Yes it is a place where you can study and fill gaps in your knowledge: our shelves are heavy with books about business, politics, history and the like. But today’s library is useful for things going on in your life right now:
• If you have an injury, you can check the library’s databases for medical advice.
• If you want to save money by doing your own car maintenance, you can check the Chilton’s database.
• If you’re planning a trip, make it better using travel guides from the library.
• If you’re trying to get in shape, check out some exercise videos and magazines.
With a library card, you have hundreds of thousands of books, DVDs, magazines and CDs at your disposal. In addition, check out these reasons why signing up for a library card will open your world.
• GRRL provides high quality programming at each of its 32 locations, including author talks, toddler times. storytimes, summer reading programs and a winter reading program for adults
• GRRL provides each branch with a selection of magazines selected to appeal to local interests
• GRRL provides wireless Internet service at each location
• GRRL provides professional reference librarians who will be glad to help answer your questions
• GRRL provides interlibrary loan and delivery services to each location
Help the Staff celebrate National Library Card sign-Up month by signing up all the members of your family for a GRRL member card. It’s free, and it provides the user with hassle-free service at 32 public library locations in Central Minnesota!