Get Carded and Win an iPad!
This September, register for a GRRL library card or refer a friend to become a GRRL cardholder and you both qualify for a drawing to win a free Apple iPad.
September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month. Throughout the month, new cardholders and cardholders who refer them into GRRL will qualify for the iPad drawing. (Patrons with expired cards who renew library membership also qualify.) You can use your iPad to access the library catalog with more than 950,000 items and to download eBooks and eAudiobooks from the GRRL Digital Library.
Library cards are provided free of charge. Services are funded through county, state and federal taxes. To receive a card and qualify for the ‘get carded’ promotion, adults need to complete the get carded application form (including referral information if applicable) and provide a photo ID and proof of their current address. Children under 17 do not need a photo ID. Services provided to cardholders include:
• Place holds to borrow books, DVDs, music CDs, audiobooks and magazines from the library's online catalog
• Download eBooks and eAudiobooks from the digital library
• Suggest a title. The library’s website includes a Suggest a Title tab patrons can use to suggest a book, DVD or CD purchase
• Interlibrary loan of items from libraries across the United States
• Language learning through the library's Pronunciator database
• Genealogical research through the Heritage Quest Online database
Everybody needs information. If you are planning a vacation, planting a garden, or want to learn about personal finance, the library has resources you can use!
This iPad promotion is funded by the St. Cloud Friends of the Library.