All branches closed for Labor Day, September 7
Minnesota Book Awards Finalists Announced
Finalists for the Minnesota Book Awards have been announced. The Minnesota Book Awards are selected annually in eight categories by judges around the state. Winners among books published in 2011 will be announced at the Minnesota Book Awards Gala on Saturday, April 14.
The nominations for Genre Fiction are
• Big Wheat by Richard A. Thompson (Poisoned Pen Press)
• The Bone House by Brian Freeman (Minotaur Books/St. Martin’s Press)
• Death of the Mantis by Michael Stanley (Harper/HarperCollins Publishers)
• Northwest Angle by William Kent Krueger (Atria Books/Simon & Schuster, Inc.)
Browse the complete list of 32 nominated books to find top books also in the following categories:
• Children’s Literature
• General Nonfiction
• Memoir & Creative Nonfiction
• Novel & Short Story
• Young People’s Literature
Here's a list of nominated books owned by the library with links to the GRRL catalog.
The Minnesota Book Awards are presented by The Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library and sponsored by Marvin Windows and Doors.