Cokato Public Library is closed for renovations. The library will reopen Thursday, April 24.
Nominations Sought for Librarian Award
Nominations for the 2012 Carnegie Corporation of New York/New York Times I Love My Librarian Awards are open through Sept. 12. Nominations are sought for school librarians, public librarians and academic librarians. Nominees must be either an MLS or school librarian degree holder.
Ten librarians each will receive a $5,000 cash award, a plaque and $500 travel stipend to attend an awards reception in New York. In addition, a plaque will be given to each award winner’s library.
Members of the public are invited to submit nominations. If you submit a nomination you will be asked to provide your name and address, the name of the library you use, the email of the librarian you are nominating, and answers to questions. Here are the questions for the public librarian category.
1. Describe in 2-3 sentences why your nominee should win this award. What sets him/her apart? (No more than 200 words)
2. List a few ways in which the nominee has helped you and made your experience of the library a positive one. (No more than 800 words)
3. Describe how has the librarian has made a difference in the community. (No more than 800 words)
4. How has the library, and the nominee, improved the quality of your life? (No more than 800 words)
5. How does the nominee make the library a better place? (No more than 800 words)
Please note: You will need to submit the entire application in one session.