All branches close at 5pm for Independence Day Eve, July 3
All branches closed for Independence Day, July 4
To Do @ The Library
The library is to books like a multi-tool is to a knife.
Books are just the beginning for what you can do at the library. The book can provide the path for a new hobby, a new career, even a completely re-imagined life.
The library can be useful to you in so many ways. Here's a list of activities with something for every day of the month at the library.
- Get ready for November elections by picking up voter registration information.
- Attend a free computer class.
- Learn more about regional history.
- Find a new recipe.
- Entertain your children with story time and reading programs.
- Reserve a meeting room for your non-profit group.
- Watch a movie.
- Join a book discussion.
- Check out a new graphic novel.
- Take home a DVD.
- Trace your family tree.
- Browse the latest fashion magazines.
- Enjoy a concert.
- Find the answer to questions from home improvement to legal issues.
- Relax in the quiet atmosphere.
- Get help with tricky homework questions.
- Read area newspapers.
- Immerse yourself in another time and place with a great book.
- Access Wi-Fi on your laptop.
- Listen to music from the CD collection.
- Enlighten yourself by attending a lecture.
- Learn new skills in a craft workshop.
- Find out how to start your own small business or how to patent an invention.
- Hear a regional author discuss his or her new book.
- Play a board game or video game.
- Study a new language.
- Borrow the latest bestseller eBook.
- Take a GED, ASVAB, SAT or civil service practice test.
- Search nearly a million items in the online catalog.
- Connect with your community.