Royalton Public Library is closing at 2:30pm on Wednesday, April 16 due to hazardous road conditions
Pierz Public Library is closed at 3 p.m. due to inclement weather conditions.
Swanville Public Library is closing at 5:00 due to hazardous road conditions.
2011 Annual Appeal
The holidays are coming, but for many people the seasonal joy will be shadowed by economic anxiety. Business closings, layoffs, and market uncertainty tell their tale.
Difficult times in the nation's economy create busy times for libraries and today's library user needs more from their library than ever before.
- Our patron base continues to grow. October's total of 141,854 cardholders is an increase of 2,641 over last year.
- Checkouts continue to increase. As of Oct. 1, 2011 checkouts averaged 357,359 per month. (The 2010 average was 341,330.)
- Checkout sessions also increased. As of Oct. 1, 2011 checkout sessions at the library desk averaged 61,333 per month. (the 2010 average was 60, 591.)
Numbers are only one way to tell the story about increased use of library services. We see it every day: young families with children browsing material in our children's area, displaced workers seeking opportunities via our computers, and seniors reading magazines and the local newspapers.
Our main business may still be books and information, but library patrons expect to also find current media, digital resources for download, computers, and a comfortable environment. Government sources fund our basic needs. To go beyond the basics we need continuing support from you and other individuals who place a high value on library services.
Your support can help people of all ages maintain or improve the quality of their lives. Please consider helping to support library services with a charitable tax-deductible contribution to the GRRL general fund. You tax-deductible gift to the general fund is one of the most important ways you can help to ensure free access to information, resources, and guidance for your entire community.
Thank you, on behalf of all those who depend on public libraries!
Kirsty A Smith, Director
- $100 helps to support "Every Child to Read" - reinforcing early literacy
- $250 will support incentives for Summer Reading Program participants
- $500 will fund a book club kit, encouraging inter-generational community connections
- $1,500 will provide a new public computer and software to provide access to job searching, tax information, family genealogy and other services