All branches closed for Christmas Eve, December 24
All branches closed for Christmas Day, December 25
Exam Proctoring Guidelines
To support the library's mission of lifelong learning opportunities, GRRL staff may proctor tests for secondary and post-secondary education students who are enrolled in distance learning programs or classes.
Long-distance learning programs and some professions provide opportunities for independent study on the condition that exams are proctored. In response to this need, the Library may administer examinations in our role of supporting life-long learning. It is the responsibility of the student and the institution requesting the proctoring of a test to verify that the guidelines and conditions presented here are acceptable to the institution giving the test, before having the exam sent to any Great River Regional Library.
Library staff will not sign any statement required by the educational institution inconsistent with our policy or with how the test was administered. If a proctoring exam has been scheduled, but no staff is available to administer it, the appointment will be cancelled or re-scheduled.
Great River Regional Library provides proctoring services to residents of the communities within its six county region (Benton, Morrison, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, & Wright).
Charges and Costs
GRRL charges $10 per test for proctoring services. The student is also responsible for any incidental costs, including postage to return the exam (at US Postal Service rates). Payment is due when the exam is scheduled. To pay by check or credit card, the patron needs to have a valid GRRL card.
- An individual needing exam proctoring must first register with staff.
- A valid Minnesota Driver License or ID must be submitted to staff for verification of identity or the test cannot be proctored.
- Exams must be scheduled with at least one week notice.
- Staff should only administer exams during regular Library hours.
- The institutions requiring proctored testing are responsible for making sure that the Library staff receives the examinations.
- While the Library can proctor most exams, it cannot proctor any online exams that require modifications of public access computer settings.
- If assigned proctor is unavailable, another library staff member will serve as interim proctor.
- Limited staffing prevents the Library from monitoring the student during the test.
- Completed examinations will be returned to the testing institution using only postage paid envelopes provided by the student or the testing institution.
- The Library is not responsible for completed examinations which have gone astray due to postal delays.
- Exams will not be scanned or faxed.
- The Library will not keep copies of completed examinations.
- Exams left in the care of the Library for over one month will be discarded.
- Library staff cannot interpret test instructions for the student nor assist in any technical manner with online test.
- Great River Regional Library reserves the right to refuse to proctor any exam too burdensome or exacting in its demands.