Albany Public Library will close at 5:30 p.m. due to inclement weather conditions.
St. Michael Library is closed at 6:30 due to inclement weather conditions.
Cokato Public Library is closed for renovations. The library will reopen Thursday, April 24.
How Do I Use the Digital Library for eBooks?
To Use the Digital Library for eBooks
eBooks can be transferred from a computer (Windows or Mac) to an eBook reader using Adobe Digital Editions; or, if you have an Internet-capable device, directly to your eReader/phone/tablet.
Compatible eBook readers include Sony Reader, Nook/Nookcolor, Kobo eReader and more.
Find a list of compatible eBook readers at www.overdrive.com/resources/drc
1. Adobe Digital Editions: www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions
2. Required software for your device. (Example: Sony Readers require the “Reader Library Software.”)
1. Open Adobe Digital Editions. The “Setup Assistant” dialog box is displayed.
2. Click “Continue.” The “Activation” screen is displayed.
3. Under “Authorize Computer,” enter the email address and password for your Adobe ID.
If you do not have an Adobe ID, click “get an Adobe ID online.”
• Follow the instructions to sign up for an Adobe ID
• Return to the Activation screen
• Enter the email address and password for your Adobe account
4. Click “Activate.”
5. Click “Finish” to close the “Setup Assistant” dialog box.
Visit the Great River Digital Library
1. Browse for a title.
2. Check out with your information.
3. Download the title.
Transfer To Your eBook Reader
1. When you download your title, Adobe Digital Editions opens automatically.
2. Connect the eBook reader to your computer, and follow the prompts to authorize your device.
Use the same Adobe ID as entered in Step 2. When complete, the link for your reader should display under “Bookshelves.”
3. Drag and drop the Adobe eBook to your eBook reader
4. When the transfer is complete, disconnect the eBook reader and enjoy.
This information can be downloaded as a .pdf.